Tuesday, December 8, 2009

92 servings of hot chocolatey goodness!


I got some hot chocolate mix at the grocery store the other day in honor of our 1st snow of the season. Of course, I had to read the ingredients on all the mixes in the store.

I ended up with some from the health food section. The mix is by Canterbury Naturals and it has only seven ingredients. The only one that I'm not sure about is the xanthan gum. What's a xanthan?

Anyway, this got me to thinking that I could make my own hot cocoa mix so I headed for Google and found a bunch of recipes that included non-dairy creamer. Oh, ick.

Then I headed over to visit the Diva of Domesticity, Martha Stewart, and I found this recipe. Four ingredients. 92 servings of hot chocolatey goodness. Break out the marshmallows and peppermint sticks. I'm set for the rest of the winter!

2 comments:

  1. Eats has some fantastic fair trade hot cocoa powder in their bulk section. I have to make it in espresso cups it's so thick and rich and REAL tasting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? In the bulk section? How have I missed that? You're more than just mildly helpful Darcy! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome comments from real people. Unfortunately, "Anonymous" keeps posting poorly worded spammy comments. Hopefully the word verification will help weed those out. I apologize for the inconvenience. Stupid spammers...