Monday, January 10, 2011

The Happy Valley Greeter...

No red vests for this guy! With plumage like that he's already the star of the valley!

For the past few weeks on our way to work in Happy Valley, Lawre and I have been greeted by this handsome fellow. This morning I had the camera close at hand. The tree he was perched in was right next to the road and we got fairly close - though I still had to use my zoom.

Then I guess we got too close, or maybe he was just tired of being hounded by paparazzi...
Isn't he lovely?

We're hoping that this spring he'll set up a nest and bring a mate to Happy Valley.

Any cool wildlife sightings where you live?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments from real people. Unfortunately, "Anonymous" keeps posting poorly worded spammy comments. Hopefully the word verification will help weed those out. I apologize for the inconvenience. Stupid spammers...