Friday, November 20, 2009

Fuel for the creative fires

When I got up this morning I thought I'd just grab a quick bowl of cereal for breakfast. Then I opened the back door to let the dogs out. Crikey! It's cold out there this morning! And windy. Brrrr!

What a great excuse to cook up some of my home-famous Apple Cider Oatmeal. Good food fuels the creative fires. And we all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day! So, here's my recipe for Apple Cider Oatmeal.

  • 1/2 cup rolled oats - not the quick cooking kind
  • 1/2 cup apple cider
  • 1/2 cup water
  • cinnamon

Put the first three ingredients in the pot. Cook to your desired consistency. Put in your favorite bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon. This makes a small bowl. If you want more oatmeal, just increase the ingredients keeping the proportion of 1 part oatmeal to 2 parts water.

If you try it, let me know if you like it, or let me know how you like to gussy up your morning bowl of oat-y goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments from real people. Unfortunately, "Anonymous" keeps posting poorly worded spammy comments. Hopefully the word verification will help weed those out. I apologize for the inconvenience. Stupid spammers...